Thursday, November 4, 2010

Shellacking Midterm Elections 2010


Shellacking Midterm Elections 2010: In the rare event of vulnerability, Obama spoke openly today about last night's Democratic "shellacking" in the midterm elections and took responsibility for what he described as "humility" losses.

At a news conference the decision after the elections, which were worn by many as a referendum on the presidency of Mr. Obama, the president admitted that the lessons learned during the election night Tuesday - in which Republicans have an incredible amount of land policy across the country - send in the future.

"It's something I think every president has to do, because you know the duties of that office is so enormous and so many people depending on what we do," Obama said, stressing the fact that former presidents Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and the two were in a similar situation at this stage of their first term. "At the peak of activity, sometimes lose ... how we relate to people who got us here first."

"Now, I do not recommend for any future president, they accept the shellacking, as I did last night," he laughs. "I'm sure there are easier ways to learn these lessons. But I think, you know, this growth process. And evolution. "

Former President George Bush made a similar concession in 2006 after Republicans took what he called a "strike" in the elections at midterm.

Nevertheless, Obama said he saw many of its allies won was difficult. "It feels bad," Obama told ABC's Jake Tapper. "You know, the hardest thing in the last days there really is an excellent public officials lack the capacity to serve more ... There are some great members of Congress who had a very difficult vote because they thought it was the right thing, even if they knew that this could lead to their political problems. "

"The amount of courage they showed and the belief they have shown is that I admire so much. I can not overemphasize," Obama continued. "There are also many questions on my part, from the point of view, I could have done something different or do something more than these people will always be there. It is difficult. And I take responsibility for good ways. "

Obama also said he struggled to overcome what he described as a White House "bubble."

"You know, there are dangers inherent in the White House," he said on the question of the correspondent, Reuters asked Obama if he would consider changing its direction in light of the opinion that divorced from the electorate.

"The bottom line is that when I'm out of this place, it does not matter," he said. "When you're in this place, it is difficult not to look away."

"I mean, people have no complaints about my leadership style, when I ran in Iowa," Obama continued. "They had a pretty good look for me Up Close and Personal. And they have managed to lift the hood and kick the tire and, you know, I think they've realized that my story had. "

Tags: Shellacking, Shellac, Obama Shellacking, Shellacking Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment